TCDC
We build affordable housing for working families. Success starts with homeownership. We make homeownership possible.

Projects

San Francisco Communities


In every community, there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart, there is the power to do it.
— Marianne Williamson

smart homes.png

Smart Housing Collaborative

From the Jailhouse to one’s Own House is a collaboration of: The Mentoring Men’s Movement (M3), TCDC and Tabernacle–Smart Housing Collaboration. This initiative was designed to improve financial wellness by increasing opportunities for underserved African American families. What better way to build a solid foundation for themselves, than to be connected with community resources advocating affordable homeownership? Upon successful completion of the collaborative efforts, the first success case was Mr. Stanley. He was able to complete his journey from San Bruno County Jail, to an M3 membership, to the purchase of his own home. All done through the Tabernacle–Smart Housing Collaboration and Rachael Taylor, Principal.


339 Units | 100% Affordable

339 Units | 100% Affordable

Alice Griffith Apartments

 2500 Arelious Walker Drive
San Francisco

In partnering with McCormick Baron Salazar, TCDC built the multi-phase new Alice Griffith residential community. It opened in May 2018 and is located at 2500 Arelious Walker Drive in San Francisco. The project includes 339 100% affordable apartments and homes. 226 of the apartments were reserved for returning Alice Griffith families. This project is part of the Hunters Point Shipyard/Candlestick Point for Neighborhood Development LEED certified plan. All phases are registered with USGBC under the LEED® for Homes program, with a certification goal of LEED® Gold; the first two phases are certified LEED® Gold. 


100 Units | 100% Affordable

100 Units | 100% Affordable

Mary Helen Rogers Senior Community

701 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco 

Mary Helen Rogers Senior Community opened October 2013. TCDC partnered with the Chinatown Community Development Center and Urban Core to develop this senior community. It is located at 701 Golden Gate Avenue in San Francisco. The location was previously a Central freeway off-ramp and includes 100 apartments for low and very-low income seniors, with 20 units set aside for homeless seniors under the Department of Public Health’s Direct Access to Housing program. The project honors the memory of Mary Helen Rogers, a long-time community activist for the Western Addition neighborhood.

203 Units | 100% Affordable

203 Units | 100% Affordable

Robert B. Pitts Apartment Homes

1150 Scott Street
San Francisco

In 2014, Tabernacle Partnered with Related California and the San Francisco Housing Authority to renovate 203 affordable units of the Robert Pitts Apartments, originally constructed in 1991. The Robert Pitts Apartments are located at 1150 Scott Street San Francisco. Robert B. Pitts receives rental subsidies through HUD-Assisted Housing for all of its apartments.

136 Units | 75% Affordable |25% Market Rate

136 Units | 75% Affordable |25% Market Rate

Westside Courts

2501 Sutter Street
San Francisco

Westside Courts opened in December of 2018 and is located at 2501 Sutter Street in San Francisco. The project consists of 136 units that occupy a full city block. TCDC partnered with Related California to construct this site; with 75% affordable units and the other 25% listed at market rate. 

21 Units | 100% Affordable

21 Units | 100% Affordable

Tabernacle Vista Apartments

2139 O’Farrell Street
San Francisco 

Tabernacle Vista Apartments opened in 2011. 21 100% affordable housing units were constructed at 2139 O’Farrell at Divisadero Street in San Francisco. TCDC partnered with Kaiser Permanente to develop the units as part of a replacement housing plan, which allowed Kaiser to demolish 21 affordable housing units to expand their Geary Boulevard campus. 

176 Units | 26 Affordable units | 150 Market Rate

176 Units | 26 Affordable units | 150 Market Rate

Block 1: “Palmilia By the Bay” 

Hunter’s Point Shipyard

In 2005 Tabernacle Affiliated Developers (in partnership with Amanco Development LLC) was founded by the original members of Tabernacle Community Development Corporation. Forbix Capital LLC., became a capital partner and together the new joint venture acquired 3.2 acres within Hunter’s Point Shipyard Phase 1 development area from Five Point LLC., (Lennar). The joint venture has submitted plans to the city of San Francisco to develop the acquired property with 176 apartment units, 46 condominium units and 20,000 sq. ft. of retail floor area (and off street parking). The project also includes 26 affordable residential units. Project authorization by OCII is expected in 2019.


Our Current Partners